When you are planning the design of your website, regardless of the reason, the strategy should start with a clear vision. Businesses have various motivations to redesign their website with a Dallas web design company, such as a huge product success, new branding, etc. To meet the goals behind this motivation, it is imperative to plan, strategize, and execute everything carefully.
Explore how new web design can help you improve brand visibility and website performance.
Website redesign helps businesses update the look and feel, content, and structure of their website. With new features and technologies, this step upgrades the website’s performance and helps make it relevant for current users.
However, when should companies consider redesigning their websites?
Ideally, every website should be updated and checked with the help of a website redesign agency in 1.5-2.5 years. However, this is just a suggestive timeline based on frequent technology changes and design upgrades in the industry. Every business or website owner should consider the following factors before reaching a Dallas web design company for a redesign.
- Is the website still highlighting and representing the goal of the company?
- What is the budget or cost they can allocate to the development and design of the website?
- Is their website’s navigation and page load speed optimum?
- Is their website performing well? Has the number of visitors decreased? Has the bounce rate increased?
- What is the current industry definition of good website design? Is their website mobile-friendly?
Before you spend time redesigning your web design in Dallas, explore these six critical tips.
Every redesign should start with benchmarking the current performance of the website. This benchmarking helps understand the performance goal you wish to achieve.
Analyze the following metrics:
- Bounce rate
- Number of visitors, unique visitors, and visits
- Time on site
- Number of inbound linking domains
- Top keywords in terms of traffic, rank, and lead generation
- Total pages indexed
- Total sales generated
- Total pages and their traffic
An important question for web design in Dallas is, ‘Why do you need to redesign the website?’.
Businesses should explore the dedicated goal that will offer some benefits, such as an edge over competitors, improved load speed, more visitors, etc.
It is also necessary to keep in mind that the website redesign agency will not only focus on how the website looks but also on how it functions.
Here are some data-driven goals for your website redesign:
- Improve visitors
- Reduce bounce rate
- Increase domain authority
- Improve time on site
- Enhance domain authority
- Improve sales generated and leads
- Improve SEO rankings
Before you reach a Dallas web design company, clearly identify and define your brand message and value proposition. This will help ensure consistency in the website’s design.
For example, the type of language used and color coding implemented. These factors contribute to the voice of the brand and new website design in Dallas should incorporate these factors to showcase the brand as knowledgeable, consistent, and trustworthy.
Remember the following pointers:
- Use clear and simple language.
- Use a unified color scheme.
- Avoid jargon and slang.
- Use professional and business language.
Your website redesign company needs to know who your audience is because your website is about your customers, not you. Therefore, before implementing a new web design in Dallas, refine or create your buyer’s persona.
If you already have a buyer’s persona, revisit and redefine it so that it matches your current ideal audience.
If you don’t have one, then create a persona containing details of your ideal buyer, such as their demographics, profession, family status, preferences, etc.
While a new web design in Dallas is necessary, businesses should consider their SEO-optimized pages. These pages may already have high-ranking and optimized leads.
- Identify pages with the highest search volume. These pages have high traffic and gain you most leads. Avoid moving these pages, and if you do, then create 301 redirects to lead the customer to the right page.
- 301 redirect pages are used to retain the traffic of your existing pages. You should create a document mapping old and new pages and hand it to the technical team for proper redirection.
- Research keywords again and optimize the rest of the website for these keywords. This will help you improve traffic and leads.
A website redesign agency can help enhance the performance of your website. However, to avoid hurting your SEO ranking and website reach, save your high-performing content. If you have pages that are performing really well, don’t entirely change these pages.
For example, the following assets should be saved:
- Most viewed
- High traffic
- Best performing
- High inbound links
Heavily changing the content or structure of these pages can make you lose your SEO credit and SERP rankings. Therefore, carefully redesign high-performing important pages of your website.
Creating new web designs in Dallas helps companies refine their content and adjust the website according to their tone and voice guide. Above we have discussed crucial steps that help redesign the website to deliver high performance.